Hey! Molly here… I wanted to share a recipe that I found to make some healthy-er banana bread. I mean who doesn’t like banana bread (well besides Ethan…)?!? I love banana bread and always seem to have ripe bananas on hand so i seem to make it often. I’ve been searching for a banana bread recipe that doesn’t have all that sugar in it or dairy and I think I found the perfect recipe. If you are dairy free you are going to love this!
Healthy Banana Bread
Recipe yields 1 loaf
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 1/2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (cows milk, almond, soy etc.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus a little extra for top of loaf)
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Optional mix-ins: chopped walnuts, pecans,chocolate chips,raisins, dried fruit etc..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat them well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (if you use coconut oil it may become solid when it hits cold ingredients so you can warm up your bowl in the microwave for 10 sec.)
- Add in baking soda,vanilla, salt, cinnamon and whisk to blend.
- Stir in flour a little at a time until combined. (If its a little lumpy thats okay!)
- If you are adding in mix-ins do so now, fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan then sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 50-60min or until you insert a knife to the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool for about 20min before cutting into it.
- Enjoy! 🙂
from our tribe to yours,
Ethan, Molly, & Olive